UC Santa Cruz
Home Contact UsUBS HomeUCSC Home


Alphabetical List of Topics





Event Equipment Rental



Contact Info

Campus Safety

Need Help?
Call 459-5589
Fax 459-3899

University Business Services
UC Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064-1077


spacer image

E-Waste Disposal Overview

Summary: Receiving Services is the UCSC campus-designated outlet for the disposal of consumer electronics devices (CEDs).

Examples of CEDs to be Handled by Surplus Operations

Computers, Monitors, Scanners, Printers, Keyboards, Mice, Battery backups, Cables, Circuit Boards,Microwaves, Lamps, Clocks, Flashlights, Calculators, Phones, Coffee Makers, Typewriters, etc.

Contact Kelly Mitchell (459-5589) for more information regarding CEDs and electronic waste handling and removal.

Moving Services can be contracted to remove your CEDs/ E-Waste. Please call Robert Kemp (459-2852) when you have items for which you need moving assistance.


  • Thermostats (mercury switches) See Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), April Casper 459-3086 or Email Hazwaste@ucsc.edu with any questions concerning Hazardous Waste Handling and Disposal.
  • Refrigerators and freezers that are or have been used in laboratory settings must be cleared of contaminants through EH&S before disposal. Contact Hazwaste@ucsc.edu. After EH&S approves the removal, Moving Services can be contracted to remove and dispose of these items properly.
    Please contact Robert Kemp (459-2852) for information about charges that will apply.

Related Topic

Contact Kelly Mitchell (459-5589) with any questions regarding Surplus Equipment.

Last revised: April 28, 2008 (am